I first joined this sweet family last Christmas, as they picked out their Christmas Tree at Lake Forest Gardens in Zelienople… it was so fun to see little S. again and to see how much she has grown in just a year! So much spunk with this little one. <3
We rode the hayride up to the pumpkin patch, ran through the corn maze, watched little S. mostly ignore the animals, and then run off into the fields. It was SO MUCH FUN!!
You can see a handful of my favorites from the day in the video below…
Like most of the pick your own pumpkin patches in the Pittsburgh area, Trax Farms has scaled back a bit and adjusted their offerings in 2020 to accommodate social distancing, but there is still SO MUCH to do there. Some things to keep in mind…
- You will have to reserve your hayride ticket in advance. No day-of purchases! They release tickets within the week leading up to the date you are reserving.
- Your hayride ticket gets you up to the patch, where all activities are outdoors. You can check out their pigs, cows, sheep, etc… then wander through the (pretty tough!) corn maze, before picking out your pumpkin. The patch is up on a hill with a beautiful view of the neighboring area, and my favorite part is the little fire pit set up next to the hayride stop. I LOVE going home smelling like a campfire!
- Trax Farms recommends planning for 1 hour to 1.5 hours at the patch, but that could easily stretch into 2 hours if you spend some time down in the Market.
- Trax Market has two areas: one for holiday decor and homemade goods, and another for food/drinks. There is a small cafeteria-style eating area as well, for those who wish to dine in. I HIGHLY recommend you pick up some cider as well as some of Grandpa Trax’s old fashioned root beer (my kids LOVED the cherry flavor). They also have a great craft beer shop!
- For the record, I have reserved a hayride spot this weekend so that I can take my own kids to Trax next. It’s beautiful there! the pictures speak for themselves. 🙂
If you’d rather scroll through the pictures at your own pace, here you go:
Trax Farms is not the first pumpkin patch we’ve treated our kids to… Last year we visited Iron Mills and they had a blast! My goal is to try ALL of the fall festivals here in the Pittsburgh area… Definitely check out this list of 15 great pumpkin patches here in Pittsburgh where you can pick your own pumpkin, along with a map that makes it really easy to determine which is the best one for you.
Pittsburgh is the perfect place to be during Autumn foliage. Western PA is gorgeous when the leaves change! If you, too, visit a pumpkin patch during the fall, consider bringing me along to document it! We will grab portraits while you are there, too… Let’s talk!