I’ve been in your shoes… You finally have the time to write a review but your mind is blanking on where to start!
I’d like to help you get your fingers busy on the keyboard, with a few key tips…
Tip #1: Be specific. “Great service!” doesn’t say as much as “She took the time to wrap up the album beautifully before delivering it.”
Tip #2: Be honest. (Goes without saying, really.)
Tip #3: Just start typing. Still stuck? Try answering one of the questions below. Once you get some thoughts down, the rest may come flowing out!
- What about the photographer’s work convinced you that she was the right photographer for you? Why did you pick him/her?
- Were you nervous about your session? Why or why not? Was the actual experience anything like what you expected?
- The first time you looked at your photos, how did you feel? What about after receiving them in print form?
- Did you have any issues with the photographer’s services? How did the photographer resolve your problems when you spoke with her?
- Who would you recommend this photographer to? Do you have friends who would be a great fit? Why?
Here’s an example of a review that one of my clients Mary Beth provided me after her photo session:
I’m totally sitting on my screened porch ugly crying into my cup of tea. You have no idea how much I love all of these images! And, this is us! You totally captured us and our real life and I cannot even put into words how happy this makes me! I’ll treasure these forever and can’t wait to create an album with them ❤️ Thank you!!
It is specific and emotional and effective. (THANK YOU, Mary Beth!! I LOVE your family!!!)
I invite all of my clients to review my services on google as well as on any other platforms they found me. Sharing your thoughts about your experience can really help other people decide if my services are a good fit for them!
One last thought… Please try to resolve any issues directly with your photographer, before writing an online review. I know as a business owner myself, I welcome the feedback to better my clients’ experience and improve my services. I’m sure your photographer would as well!